Tuesday, February 10, 2009

poems

The endless possibilities of your words have become spellbinding to me...i never want to taste enough, but forever crave them more.... i am connected now to u, and the language only u can speak....i delight in the journey of walking through your words; surveying the ever changing scenery of an often kindred heart....i am captivated by the colors that u so beautifully create....i hold my breath to take more in...more of u, more of your world. ..u invite me to observe the artwork u have painted oh, so vividly... and I stand in awe of your abilities...when your words become dark, i can lose myself in your mystifying creations...when your words r deep, i can fall into them; absorb them...and emerge a little wiser to your way of thinking...your pain speaks to me, sometimes even screams to me...I've felt your tears become my own....Still, I've come to welcome the comfort of your honesty...whatever it may be...i will say though, it can be more than haunting when it seems u share my mind, my heart...and u so brilliantly put it on display....and when your words r full of romance, I could stay in them forever...I'll admit, I may envy just a little...still, as much, I leave inspired....u have opened my sometimes uncertain eyes to the beauty that still lives in this crazy, confused existence...u have given my heart something to hold...I feel alive inside your world; at home among your words...

pink candy canes and butterfly kisses
close your eyes beautiful, let me fulfill all your wishes
slide down the rainbow into a sea of gold
to a magical place where u never grow old

keep a tight hold of your dear teddy bear
watch as the mermaids comb their shining hair
they'll sing u a song with voices so sweet
listening to them is such a lovely treat

chocolate drops fall from a vanilla sky
pixies and fairies r all flying high
scattering pixie dust over your head
this is better than any fairytale you've read

the glitter carousel is waiting to start
shimmering unicorns beg u to take part
the organ strikes up a tinkling tune
about a little cow who jumped over the moon

pink candy floss cloads float lazily past
time in this dreamworld flies by way too fast
a cute little elf reaches for your hand
ring around the roses then fall on the sand

butterfly kisses and cold lemonade
an enchanted dreamworld that your mind has made
so go to sleep sweetheart, close your tired eyes
spend all your sweet dreams with magic butterflies

the word forever is often spoken,
In relationships young and old,
Innocent hearts r usually broken,
with words that never seem to hold.....

Most know what im talking about,
some have yet to feel the pain,
the mind tells u without a doubt,
nothing to lose, everything to gain....

so u listen and take a chance,
forget all about flirting with disaster,
because love has u in a trance,
and your heart is beating faster.....

to hear somebody say "I love u",
could be the greatest feeling ever known,
but if those words turnout untrue,
soon enough you'll be all alone.......

still it never crosses our mind,
when it's all said and done we'll see,
that it's harder then it looks to find,
the edge of eternity........
In relationships I always avoid,
falling completely head over heels,
so my heart doesn't end up destroyed,
because I know exactly how it feels....

I used to love with my entire heart,
now I give a lot, but never my all,
so when the relationship tears apart,
i will have broken my own fall.....

It seems there's never a place to hide,
when times turn for the worst,
u have so much built up pain inside,
that your precious heart is about to burst.....

nothing that anyone says or does,
will ease the crippling pain,
your heart will never be what it was,
never completely whole again.....

I often hear people talk about,
the risk being worth the reward,
but when it comes to love, I truly doubt,
that the risk can be ignored.....

so fall in love and pray it's true,
wish upon a shooting star,
that your heart never breaks in two,
because u can never hide the scar....

is forever just a word?
because I think it is,
to me that words absurd,
whats hers is never his.....

sure one day you'll fall in love,
but will it last forever?
or will u lose your precious dove,
a love u thought so clever.....

fooled by seven letters,
If not "love u" then "forever",
I'd believe in forever better,
If it actually meant never....

because forever never seems,
to end up how we planned,
ruins our hopes and dreams,
something I could never understand.....

how a word thats so profound,
can fail us so many times,
although it never makes a sound,
you'll hear the pain it chimes.....

so I don't believe in forever,
because it's just a word,
relationships always seem to sever,
just in case u haven't heard....

diamonds, rubies and even gold
valuable stones, so im told
those who have them feel quite rich
those who don't declare "life's a bi*ch"

such value we place on material things
equating committed love with diamond rings
will a giant stone mean u love more
or turn u into a jewelers who*e

love should be priceless and never bought
a true lesson we've all been taught
search the mines, the ground and heaven above
you'll find the rarest gem is unconditional love

in a world unknown to many,
a world that i alone can hold....
no one can touch or cause me pain,
a world that hides inside my soul....

the only place that i can run to,
when i have nowhere else to go....
it matters not if im alone,
of my fear no one has to know...

with a language hard to speak,
that very few may understand...
i win each battle that i fight,
even if alone i stand....

blessed be the few to understand,
to live in such a world as this...
they too have worlds unique as mine,
for they possess such gifted bliss....

this is where i go for refuge,
it doesnt matter what the time....
and when my tears pour out on paper,
they flow into a perfect rhyme....

no one can take this from me,
its the only thing ive got....
only i know every secret,
and understand confusing thoughts...

no one can give me limits,
cant tell me what to do or say....
u see, this world that i created,
there r no rules i must obey....

only one name can this place hold,
a place where souls run wild and free....
this is my world unknown to many,
this is my world...of poetry...

No comments: